Watch and share this video below on your social media platforms to help us spread the word.
MY SPIRIT MOTHER
The Inspirational Story of the Woman Behind the Viral Mugshots
Who is the Producer/Director?
I’m Jamie Saari Crawford – a Canadian-born, former journalist now living in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado. Creating this documentary is a dream come true and has been on my bucket list for many years. As a partner in a small, women-owned video production company called ColoradoVideo.com, I am now ready to tell her story through the creation of a powerful documentary. I have been independently working on her documentary since early 2017 and funding all of the expenses personally. To complete this documentary, I need your help.
I was haunted the first time I saw these mugshot images and began my search to identify the woman in these mugshots in 2005, when I was a 29-year-old journalist in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
In 2005, I created this blog to ask for help identifying and locating the woman in these photographs because I felt a powerful need to learn about her story and share it. More than 12 years after posting that original blog (and hundreds of false leads and many hours of wasted time) a legitimate lead came to me by private email. Thank you to that person! You know who you are!
When I first contacted her, she thought I might be one of two daughters she was forced to give up for adoption many years ago. Coincidentally, I am close in age to her oldest daughter – she named Patricia – who was given up for adoption in the 1970s. There have been times I wished I was Patricia so I could give her the closure she so desperately wants and fill the empty hole in her heart. Since giving her two daughters up for adoption, she has loved them both and held them in her heart all of these years. Just recently, she connected with her youngest daughter as a result of the amazing DNA technology behind Ancestry & 23andMe. We are still looking for her oldest daughter so we can complete the documentary.
Since meeting her, I have grown to love this woman deeply and consider her to be like a second mother to me. She even moved into my home for a short period of time to help me with my children as I have been struggling during an painful, ongoing divorce. Her loving, motherly nature is why we have called this documentary ‘My Spirit Mother’. The documentary name also reflects the fact that we are both of North American Indian descent – with both American and Canadian North American ancestry in our backgrounds. We are both very proud of this.
My original goal was to fund this documentary entirely myself, which is why it is taking so long to complete. The documentary production has been on hold for months as I continue to endure a painfully-long, stressful and expensive divorce. I have found myself an unexpected single mother of 3 children (including a sweet little boy I am adopting as a single mother from the foster care system) and do not have the finances anymore to complete everything on my own.
If we can raise enough money and ‘in kind’ donations to complete this documentary, our goal is to have it finished by November of 2019. There are two ways you can help – monetarily or through ‘in kind’ donations.
What We Need To Finish Her Documentary
Our dream is to produce a powerful, inspirational documentary that grosses enough revenue to help us build a housing complex we plan to call ‘Spirit Mother House’. ‘Spirit Mother House’ will be a facility that helps keeps families together. We want to prevent other parents from going down the same painful, heart-wrenching and destructive path she went through.
We are aiming for the stars and I am confident her story will inspire people and with enough support, this documentary will be successful and help change lives. For the past 1.5 years I have poured every extra penny I have into this documentary because I so strongly believe in it.
To give you an idea of the power that documentaries have to generate revenue, please look at this list and the money generated. These famous documentaries have generated millions of dollars and if we come close to generating the kind of revenue theses highest-rated documentaries have made, we could build multiple ‘Spirit Mother Houses’ around the United States and Canada!
Fahrenheit 9/11: $119+ million dollars
March of the Penguins: $77+ million dollars
Justin Beiber -Never Say Never: $73+ million dollars
An Inconvenient Truth: $24+ million dollars
To save money and be as fiscally responsible as possible, we are also looking for people to donate/volunteer their talent & expertise as ‘in-kind’ donors. We are NOT able to financial compensate ‘in kind’ donors for their services, but all donors will receive credit and recognition for their contribution to the documentary on our website and in the documentary’s rolling credits.
CAN YOU HELP MONETARILY?
Support the My Spirit Mother Documentary through our Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign by clicking on the image below.
CAN YOU HELP WITH YOUR TALENT & EXPERTISE?
Help make this documentary happen through an ‘in kind’ donation of your skills, expertise and talents. All ‘in kind’ donors will receive full recognition on this website and in the documentary’s final rolling credits. We need help in the following areas:
- Private Investigators: Do you have experience and knowledge on how to find children given up for adoption (closed adoption) in the Boston, MA area in the 1970s? We are searching for her daughter and have many details we can provide to the person we select to help us find her. We will also need a private investigator to help us locate people and confirm information as the documentary progresses.
- Police Officers & Security Companies in New York City: Our film crew will be going into some unsafe neighborhoods in New York City and need security to keep us safe in neighborhoods we otherwise would not be able to film in, for safety reasons.
- Musicians, Composers, Music Producers: Have you written a powerful piece of music you would like us to consider for the documentary’s soundtrack? Are you a talented musician with access/use of a professional studio with equipment and software for recording and producing? We already have our theme song for the documentary – a haunting song called ‘Spirit Mother’ that was written specifically about the woman in the photographs. We would like to the song to be re-produced adding strings, haunting sound. Are you in the music industry with connections to ‘Elle King’? We would like to reach out to her and her management company to receive permission to donate the use her song ‘Kocaine Karolina’ to the documentary’s soundtrack.
- Animators & Motion Graphics Artists – Are you willing to volunteer your services to help create animated visuals needed for the documentary?
- Audio Engineers – Are you willing to volunteer their services to ensure the documentary’s final audio in the is mixed to perfection and fully ready for the big screen.
- Home Owners or Hotel Owners – Are you willing to offer the use of clean and private accommodations for our film crew while we travel to New York City, Philadelphia, Boston or near Salmon River in Nova Scotia,Canada?
- Points and Miles for Airline Travel – Are you willing to donate points or air miles for us to use to fly our film crew and talent to locations we need to film at within the US and Canada?
- Film Crew – Videographers, Grips, Assistant Producers, Audio Technicians, etcc – We can always use extra help when filming in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston and Salmon River in Nova Scotia.
- Restaurant Certificates & Catering: Do you own a restaurant or catering company willing to donate food to our crew as we film in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston and Salmon River in Nova Scotia, Canada?
If you would like to help by offering any of the above-mentioned services or items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jamie Saari Crawford, Owner/Partner of Colorado Video Productions